Dagger in hand

A man of prodigious fortune, coming to add his opinion to some light discussion that was going on casually at his table, began precisely thus: "It can only be a liar or an ignoramus who will say otherwise than," and so on. Pursue that philosophical point, dagger in hand.

--Michel de Montaigne, Of the art of discussion.



Stab back: cmnewman99-at-yahoo.com


Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, May 31, 2002
 
Despite my warnings, Dennis Prager is still posting on his website my unauthorized translations of Oriana Fallaci's recent articles on 9/11 and European antisemitism. They're under the section called "Articles Cited By Dennis On Radio Show." I'm not providing a link, because I know of one other site that got shut down by its provider for linking to the same translations when they were on my own blog page. So let's see just how far the DMCA stretches. If I don't link, but just tell you where to find it, does blogger get a cease and desist letter? Copyright students want to know. (Interestingly enough, I never got one myself the whole time my Fallaci blog was up, despite the fact that my email was prominently displayed.)


Comments: Post a Comment