Dagger in hand

A man of prodigious fortune, coming to add his opinion to some light discussion that was going on casually at his table, began precisely thus: "It can only be a liar or an ignoramus who will say otherwise than," and so on. Pursue that philosophical point, dagger in hand.

--Michel de Montaigne, Of the art of discussion.



Stab back: cmnewman99-at-yahoo.com


Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, December 04, 2002
 
ALL FIXED NOW: Thanks to Lynn from In Context, who graciously nudged me toward the solution that should have been obvious. That's the thing about user-friendly technology--it lets people get on the road who haven't bothered to learn how the engine works. Which is good, except for when we wind up pulling off to the side and bothering other drivers to help us change a stupid flat. This one I could have worked out for myself if I'd taken time to read the whole blogger help section on archives and thought about it for a minute. Problem is, I'm already doing this on stolen time, and I'd already spent more than I could afford today changing the template in the first place. So lucky for me that someone was watching. Thanks, Lynn!

Update: Well, not all fixed. October archive is gone again. Why me?


Comments: Post a Comment