Dagger in hand

A man of prodigious fortune, coming to add his opinion to some light discussion that was going on casually at his table, began precisely thus: "It can only be a liar or an ignoramus who will say otherwise than," and so on. Pursue that philosophical point, dagger in hand.

--Michel de Montaigne, Of the art of discussion.



Stab back: cmnewman99-at-yahoo.com


Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Saturday, January 18, 2003
 
Any time I want...: Alright, that's it from me for the rest of this month. I have way too much to do at work, and if I don't make a hard and fast rule against blogging I know I'll wind up spending time on it I simply can't afford. So I'm going to make like a groundhog now, not to emerge ere he does. I'll pop my head out on my compleanno and see if I still cast any shadow.

If I'm still alive. And I don't forget.


Comments: Post a Comment