Dagger in hand

A man of prodigious fortune, coming to add his opinion to some light discussion that was going on casually at his table, began precisely thus: "It can only be a liar or an ignoramus who will say otherwise than," and so on. Pursue that philosophical point, dagger in hand.

--Michel de Montaigne, Of the art of discussion.



Stab back: cmnewman99-at-yahoo.com


Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, May 23, 2003
 
Anybody still reading? Yes, I'm still alive. Just been busy, and somewhat low on blogging steam. But I do want to draw the attention of anyone who does still come here to a new blog, the Tough Democrat. I know the guy behind it, but I can't say who he is cause he's chosen to be pseudonymous for now. I will say that he's very politically savvy, very smart, very Democratic, and does a mean Elvis impersonation. I've had a number of spirited email exchanges with him over off the cuff remarks made here that he called me on, and I'd definitely recommend checking him out. I know I will.


Comments: Post a Comment