Dagger in hand

A man of prodigious fortune, coming to add his opinion to some light discussion that was going on casually at his table, began precisely thus: "It can only be a liar or an ignoramus who will say otherwise than," and so on. Pursue that philosophical point, dagger in hand.

--Michel de Montaigne, Of the art of discussion.



Stab back: cmnewman99-at-yahoo.com


Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, February 02, 2004
 
Nel mezzo del cammin di mia vita

Well, I hope not. But today I reach the age that Dante so designated. I'm far from having followed la diritta via, but I certainly can't complain about where I've found myself.

Course, it helps a lot when your Beatrice actually sticks around. Grazie, amore.

Update:

Should I regard it as a bad sign that today's feature on my word origin desk calendar is "anthrax"?


Comments: Post a Comment