Dagger in hand

A man of prodigious fortune, coming to add his opinion to some light discussion that was going on casually at his table, began precisely thus: "It can only be a liar or an ignoramus who will say otherwise than," and so on. Pursue that philosophical point, dagger in hand.

--Michel de Montaigne, Of the art of discussion.



Stab back: cmnewman99-at-yahoo.com


Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, July 02, 2004
 
A blast from my past.

Actually, several. In rapid succession. Pejman sent me a link to this, probably not realizing that I in fact spent the better part of my junior high career playing D&D.

Even I was never quite that nerdy, though.

What I really want to know is, how the hell did that guy have so freakin' many lightning bolts? I mean, it's a third-level spell, and he's firing them off like an elf shooting arrows. Nobody could cast that many spells per melee round unless he was under a Haste spell, and even then I find it hard to believe he had that many memorized. If he'd been using a Staff of Lightning I could see it, but he was clearly empty-handed.

OK, maybe I was that nerdy.

I did have a girlfriend, though.


Comments: Post a Comment